DENTAL SEALANTS IN KATY, TX
If you’re at risk for tooth decay, dental sealants might be for you. Usually recommended for children who have trouble brushing properly or adults who would like to keep cavities at bay, dental sealants are a thin, tooth-colored coating that covers the chewing surfaces of teeth to protect them from plaque and other bacteria.
Benefits of Dental Sealants from Your FLOSS Katy dentist
There are many reasons a patient might want to opt for sealants for themselves or their children.
- Dental sealants offer added protection from cavities for both children and adults.
- They help keep children’s teeth safe and healthy while they learn proper oral hygiene.
- Dental Sealants are the same color as your teeth, making them virtually unnoticeable.
- The dental sealant procedure is non-invasive, pain-free, and is completed in one office visit.
- They seal deep grooves in teeth that are susceptible to decay.
- They make the tooth’s surface more even and therefore easier to clean.
- With proper care, dental sealants last a long time and are easy to replace if they become cracked or damaged.
The Dental Sealant Procedure
Your FLOSS Katy dentist will begin by cleaning the area thoroughly. A special solution will be applied to the teeth in question that will help the sealant bond to the tooth. Once this dries, the sealant coating will be applied. Finally, your dentist will set the coating using a curing light. The procedure is quick and painless and can be completed in one office visit.
If you think sealants are right for you or your family, call our office in Katy, TX today to schedule an appointment.