MOUTH GUARDS IN KATY, TX
Mouthguards are protective coverings made of a type of plastic that fit over your teeth to protect them from damage. While you can buy mouthguards at the store, custom-fitted mouthguards created by your FLOSS Katy dentist offer more protection and a better fit.
There are a few reasons you might want to consider mouth guards for yourself or your child. The most common reason is athletics—teeth can be easily knocked out during sporting activities, so a mouth guard is recommended to protect teeth from these forces. However, your Katy dentist might also recommend a mouth guard if you suffer from temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD) as a result of teeth grinding.
Benefits of Mouth Guards from Your FLOSS Katy dentist
- Mouthguards protect teeth from damage, both from external and internal forces.
- They prevent teeth from cutting or bruising the soft surfaces of your mouth, like your tongue or cheek.
- They’re durable and last a long time with proper care.
- Custom mouthguards are comfortable and fit nicely in the mouth.
- Mouthguards are easy to clean.
Mouth Guard Process
To create a custom mouth guard for you or your child, your Katy dentist will need to take an impression of your teeth. He or she will then form the mouth guard over this mold for a one-of-a-kind fit. While these mouth guards are more expensive than the kind you might find at the store, they are approved by your dentist to protect the teeth and will be much more comfortable in the mouth.
If you would like to have custom mouth guards made for yourself or your child, contact our FLOSS Katy office to set up an appointment today!