EXTRACTION IN KATY, TX
A tooth is extracted to help you get rid of the pain caused by it. The need of getting your tooth extracted may come into the picture if there are no ways to restore it. The sight of dental forceps might leave many people panic-stricken due to their dental fear, but our dentists care for their patient’s comfort. Therefore, they believe in making dental experiences comfortable. Visit our dental office today if you want to get that painful tooth pulled out.
We Make Dental Experiences Comfortable with Nitrous Sedation
Sedation dentistry lets you get through a dental procedure easily and we offer nitrous sedation to those patients who experience dental anxiety or fear. Sedations can be used during all types of dental procedures, it can also be suitable for patients who experience gag reflex.
Normal Tooth Extraction Procedure
- The area around your infected tooth will be numbed first.
- The dentist will use a surgical tool in order to loosen the affected tooth.
- Then a pair of forceps will be used to extract the tooth.
- A gauze will be placed on the extraction site to control bleeding.
What is the Procedure for Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
A wisdom tooth can lead to an excruciating pain if there is no room for it to grow in your mouth. Here is an insight into the procedure used for pulling a wisdom tooth out.
- An incision in your gum tissue will be made to expose both the bone and the tooth.
- The next step would be to remove the bone.
- The dentist will then cut the tooth into sections.
- The socket will be widened and the infected tooth will be removed.
- The dentist will clean the surgical area.
- A gauze is used to stop or control the bleeding.
Why Would You Need to Get Your Tooth Extracted?
- If your teeth are impacted or crowded.
- When the condition of a decayed tooth gets serious.
- When gum disease reaches its last stage, advanced periodontitis.
- If a chipped, cracked or broken tooth is left untreated.
What Should You Keep in Mind After a Surgical Tooth Extraction?
- Avoid drinking with a straw for the first 24 hours.
- Don’t smoke.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid getting involved in strenuous activities such as exercising or lifting weights.
- Eat soft foods.
We at FLOSS – Katy, TX offer hassle-free tooth extraction services. Visit us at our dental office located 21945 Katy Fwy, Suite D, Katy, TX 77450.
Give us a call at 832-844-2929.