FLUORIDE TREATMENTS IN KATY, TX
If you’re coming in for a cleaning or exam, you might want to consider adding on a fluoride treatment with our fluoride dentist in Katy, TX, as well. Fluoride treatments can help prevent tooth decay and keep your smile healthy for longer.
Fluoride is a mineral that appears in many oral hygiene products such as toothpaste or mouthwash as well as in many foods, but sometimes patients don’t get enough of it outside of the dentist’s office. Fluoride treatment can ensure that your teeth stay strong and are able to resist tooth decay.
Reasons to Get a Fluoride Treatment from Your FLOSS Katy dentist
You may want to consider fluoride treatments if you have any of the following conditions:
- Sensitive or exposed roots
- Poor oral hygiene habits, usually resulting in other oral issues such as gum disease or tooth decay
- Deep grooves on the chewing surfaces of your teeth
- Not enough fluoride exposure during your usual hygiene routine
- A diet high in sugars or carbohydrates which can lead to the erosion of tooth enamel
- A history of oral hygiene issues
About Fluoride Treatments
There are two types of fluoride that are important for overall oral health. The first is topical fluoride, which is used to strengthen your tooth’s surface. The second is systemic fluoride, which works beneath the surface to strengthen teeth from within. If you do not get enough fluoride in your diet, it’s recommended that you have fluoride treatments to replenish your deficiency. For children, we recommend fluoride treatments twice a year with regular dental exams and cleanings.
If you’d like to schedule a fluoride treatment from our fluoride treatment dentist, call our FLOSS Katy office and make an appointment today.